2020 A Learning Year

 

Reflections 2020: A learning Year!!

As always the year started with two parties!! One for the 31st night and then the 1st of January 2020. As its D’s Birthday, Happy New Year and His Birthday. Tired and sleepy, but with high hopes and josh we celebrated his birthday party with all his friends with great pomp and show. And thats how our year started. And then the reel for the life began for the year. Offices as always tough, exams always difficult but life went on smoothly as we planned our Goa trip after the final exams of the kids in March. 



Excited about our travel, we were busy shopping and packing, when the intriguing news about the Pandemic of Co-vid in India began.

Enjoying the best of family time in Goa, it was the time when the real fear of this tiny virus made entry into everyone’s mind and soul. And it changed our perspective towards life. It paused the whole of the world. Undoubtedly, a catastrophic year with millions of people being dead around the globe, the economy going down, jobs being lost, natural calamities, and whatnot. The universe was in its  “Tandava Roop”. Despite all this, 2020 helped us learn a lot this year by pushing our boundaries. Polishing us to shine more and to reflect more.

 With both my kids' schooling, I was worried about their studies. But then finally the online classes started. We learned every online tip and trick to come up with this study on the internet. I had to be their all subject matter teacher, to help them understand every class and every work.

Everyone was at home so, it was time to be an all-time chef  too. Everyone in the house tried their hands on their favorite dishes. During the Co-vid times, all we gained was the taste of everyone’s hand and a lot of weight. And with no maid for months, I was on my feet every second of the day!!



 


But for me, Me time was still missing. I had not even a moment for myself. That made me more sad and irritating.  So, I joined the A-Z blog challenge, to get time for myself and relax my mind. Yes, writing helps me be me!! Also, I started cycling in the morning as my new health mantra. 


And I was so into it. Pedaling for hours and covering kms became my passion for this pandemic. And I participated in many challenges and won them too !!





After getting my first eBook published on blog chatter, parenting tales with a celiac child. I did an online course on blogging to polish my writing skills. 



Virtual city tours, Family video calls, zoom birthday parties, virtual races, working from home for months, enjoying with family, visiting your terrace every day and the list goes on, 2020 had taught us much more than any other year... 

Though the year has been tough for all the silver streak of hope helped us keep alive. It taught us many things we would have never learned without this adversity. And I am grateful for this 2020 that helped us bringing closer to the new us!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H for Housewifey

G for Garnish

I for Infinite